Sunday, June 6, 2010

Check out how I made a $22+ profit!

I'm a bad blogger. No, actually, I'm a lazy shopper. I go through spurts where I snap up deals left and right, build up a stockpile of goodies and then I avoid shopping like the plague.

I'm a hard-core couponer, don't get me wrong, but every now and then a girl needs to prioritize. Lately my regular job has needed more of my attention, so I took a shopping break. But now I'm back!

I visited two stores today, CVS and Target, and here's the low-down on how I did...

My awesome Grama scored a great coupon for me, FREE $25 gift card from Publix when you transfer a prescription. Unfortunately the nearest Publix pharmacy is the next town over, so I took the coupon over to CVS instead. CVS may not take all competitor coupons, but their pharmacy will honor ANY other pharmacy coupons, so SCORE!

In my first transaction I bought 2-Glade candle holders, 2-Glade scented oil refills and 4-Glade candles. CVS is offering $5 ECB WYB $10 in Glade products-limit of 2 per household.

Total before coupons: $20
Total after coupons and tax: $8.19
Out of pocket expense: $0 (I used the $25 gift card I received for filling my prescription)
ECB earned: $10

In my second transaction I bought 6-Dove deodorants. They are on sale 2/$5, and CVS is offering $5 ECB WYB $15 in Dove products-limit of 1 per household.

Total before coupons: $20
Total after coupons: $7.40
Out of pocket expense: $0 (remember that gift card?)
ECB earned: $5

Then I headed over to Target to use some coupons that were expiring today.
I bought 1-Scrubbing Bubble power sprayer, 1-Scrubbing Bubble power foam cleaner, and 4-Glade room sprays.

Total before coupons: $21.77
Total after coupons: $7.77
Out of pocket expense: $2.77 (I used a $5 gift card from a previous deal)
Gift card earned: $5 (I had a coupon for a $5 gift card WYB the SB power sprayer)

Not bad for only $2.77 out of pocket, plus I've got a $5 Target gift card, over $10 left on my CVS card AND $15 in ECB to spend. That's a $22+ profit...I'm back baby!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I have a ton of coupons for the Scrubbing Bubbles sprayer and refills if you are interested. Not sure if you have ever heard of it but you should join BzzAgent.com. You get to try new products and receive coupons in exchange for reviewing the product. I already received the Scrubbing Bubbles sprayer, refills, and coupons...a hair product with coupons, and will be getting mascara any day now.

    ReplyDelete