Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ill informed cashiers.

So, I made my normal Sunday outing to Publix today to pick up my newspapers and a few other items. Easy trip, right... WRONG! I was in the checkout line when suddenly I heard words from the cashier that I had never heard before, "Ma'am, you cannot use a coupon on the free item on a B1G1 sale." Well, this did not please me and being an educated couponer I knew this was not true. So, after a long wait for a busy manager to resolve the situation. I prevailed, and educated a cashier about her own store's coupon policy. Which is sad considering she has worked at that store for over two years. Savings I would have lost... $9.50. Imagine how many coupons she has turned away over those two years that have caused frustrated customers and lost sales for her store. Moral of the story is if you get a cashier that refuses your coupons and you feel you are right ask for the manager, that is why they are there. No Publix manager wants a customer to go away angry, and worse no manager can fix a problem they are unaware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment