Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coupons = SPAM?

Most of the coupons that I get from the internet are from websites that provide them no-strings attached (Coupons.com is a great example), but sometimes a manufacturer's website will require that I complete a short form in order to get my coupon.

Most will ask for contact info, a few will go a little further and will ask questions that allow them to create a profile of their customers (occupation, income, age, etc.). Whenever I have to provide my email address the last thing I want to do is use my REAL email!

By REAL email I mean the one I use each and every day. I don't want to be bombarded with SPAM in order to save a dollar. I suggest you go to a site such as Yahoo or Hotmail that offers free email service and set up an email account that you use strictly for couponing purposes.

Your SPAM blocker will thank me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment