Monday, February 15, 2010

My Target trip 2/14: Can we say MONEYMAKERS!!!

I swear I am waaay too easily excited by coupon deals! I can't help it, I just love saving money and getting free things that I may not have otherwise been able to afford. I was talking to my mom earlier and we both agree that the best thing about the great items that we score from our coupon deals is that they're mostly 'want' items that we couldn't normally buy. It's awesome. Just totally awesome!

So I managed to buy quite a bit at Target for not so much money.
Here's what I bought:

And here's the breakdown:
Gillette Fusion and Venus Breeze razors are on sale this week for $6.99 each, and when you buy 2 in a transaction the register will prompt the cashier to hand you a $5 Target gift card.

1 Fusion razor on sale for $6.99
I used a $4/1 Q from the P&G insert from 2/7 = $2.99

3 Venus SpaBreeze Razors at $6.99 each = $20.97 total
I used three $2/1 Qs from the P&G insert from 2/7 = $14.97

3 Olay body washes at $5.84 each = $17.52
I used three 'buy any Venus SpaBreeze razor, get a FREE Olay body wash' Q from the P&G insert from 2/7 = FREE body wash!!!

I paid a total of $17.96 + tax OOP, but walked out with two $5 Target gift cards because I bought 4 razors (remember, the deal was a gift card for every two razors purchased-no limit), so I really only paid $7.96 total.

Now here's where it really gets good...Olay has a $15 rebate available, the only qualification is the purchase of ANY 3 Olay products. Even though I paid absolutely nothing for the three bottles of body wash, they qualify for the rebate! I might have paid $7.96 today, but in a few weeks I'll get that rebate check in the mail for a PROFIT of $7.04!!!

You can find out the detail of the mail in rebate (MIR) and print the necessary form here.

No comments:

Post a Comment