Sunday, February 14, 2010

CVS Trip on 2/14/10

So I got a text from my coupon-buddy Trista letting me know they were getting low on certain sale items, so I skedaddled (yes, it's a word) over to CVS to grab what I thought were the best deals.

I haven't posted on the basics of CVS shopping like I have other stores, primarily because I don't make it a point to shop there weekly but I think I need to stop neglecting my friendly neighborhood pharmacy! So expect a comprehensive breakdown on the basics of CVS shopping later this week, but for tonight it's just my shopping trip.

As I was scanning the early addition of the ad on IHeartCVS.com, these were the items that jumped out as the best deals:


Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toohpaste
On sale for $2.99, qualifies for $2 Extra Care Buck (ECB) = $.99
I used a $1/1 coupon that I cut from All You Magazine (more on this mag later!), which brought the price down to FREE!

Crest Pro Health Mouthwash
This item is on sale for $3.50, qualifies for $3.50 ECB = FREE after ECB
But to make it even better there is a $2/1 Crest Rinse Q in the Proctor & Gamble (P&G) coupon insert from 2/7 that you can use to actually make $2 when you buy this item!

Aussie shampoo, conditioner or styling products on sale for $2.99 each, qualifies for $2 ECB = $.99 after ECB
There is a $1/1 any Aussie product Q in the 2/14 RP that you can use to get this item for FREE!

Sobe Life Water on a BOGO sale for $1.99 each.
If you were to print this coupon you could get BOTH FOR FREE! The register will automatically take the price of the second Sobe to $0, and the coupon will take the price of the first Sobe to $0 too!

Of course, by the time I got there they were already out of Crest mouthwash, and I hadn't even bought my papers yet to get the Aussie coupon, so I settled for some free toothpaste and some mouthwash that I had two rain-checks for (more on rain-checks later).

I spent $7.50 on everything (including 4 newspapers not pictured) and walked out with $2 in ECB to use on my next shopping trip at CVS. I'll make it a point to swing by tomorrow to pick up my Aussie shampoo and see if there is any of the Crest mouthwash in stock. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley, I did just think of a CVS question. They always print those $5 off $25 coupons that aren't ECBs, are those able to be used elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete