Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What did you spend on groceries this month?

Everyone has a different grocery budget, so the answer to this question will be different for everyone.

Because I coupon to the extreme, my budget is ridiculously small, but it didnt' start off this way.

The first few months that I started to use coupons, I saved 10-15% each week. It takes a few months to really build a supply of coupons, and during that time you're still learning out how to use them all).

My savings gradually grew as did my excitement!

Less than a year ago I was spending $100 per week on groceries. Check out what I'm spending now (click on any date to view my shopping trip):

Feb. 3 I SAVED $124 and only spent $.35

Feb. 6 I SAVED $125 and only spent $1.07

Feb. 16 I SAVED $218 and only spent $6.35

Feb. 24 I SAVED $235 and only spent $.94

That's $702 worth of groceries for only $8.71.


Just like the fine print on weight loss products; these results aren't typical. But man, they sure are fun!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't save at first either but i did notice that the amount i was bringing home had significantly increased for the same amount of money.

    BTW, great class tonight! Can not wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It was soooo much fun and I hope all the ladies who attended had a blast! 5 women will be spending less and getting more on their groceries this month!

    ReplyDelete